Monday, June 29, 2009

Living to eat or eating to live?

This is my first blog, and it's going to be about weight loss. I'm hoping that if I invite others to read it, I'll be accountable to them instead of just to myself. I'm the kind of person you can count on to do what I say I'm going to do. I'm counting on that personality trait to help force me into getting in shape. If I tell myself I'm going to lose weight, and then I don't, oh, well. But if I tell the world, then I'd better damn well have something to show for it. I don't know how much I weigh or any of my measurements, and I don't know how to do this blog thing, but I'm going to figure it out and come back and get this thing started.

It's a new day in my life. I feel like a different person than I was two weeks ago. From now on I'm eating to live instead of living to eat. I'm tired of people telling me how pretty I am. It's always, yeah, you're overweight, but you're still pretty! I don't want to be "still pretty." I want to be just plain pretty without the buts. Scratch that, I want to be smokin'. And not because somebody can see past how big I am, but because my hotness is all they see in the first place. Is that too much to ask? It's going to happen. Right here and now, I promise you. There, now I've said it, so now I have to do it. Time to suck it up and make this thing happen. Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment