I've been looking at those numbers again, and one seems to bother me more than the rest. 38. 38?!?!? My waist is a 38! You know who else has a 38 waist? Guys do. Fat guys do. I couldn't find a female size 38 in almost every clothing store at the mall, with exception to lane bryant or ugly old lady clothing stores. You know the ones - the mannequins in the windows look like they are modeling the latest nursing home fashions found in your sunday morning newspaper ads. But I don't shop there. I shop at Charlotte Russe and Gap. But a size 38 waist means, in reality, I shouldn't be.
On a brighter note, I have been extremely good about limiting my portions and eating ridiculously healthy. Saying no to seconds and bad stuff isn't proving a problem thus far. But I am having a lot of trouble drinking enough water. I know I'm dehydrating myself, but I'm just not thirsty. And when I drink when I'm not thirsty, I feel so full and bloated and it feels so gross and sloshy inside my stomach. It makes me sick. I found out I should be drinking 120 oz. of water a day. Are you kidding me? If all I did was work out in the heat and eat jalepenos all day, I couldn't drink that much. I barely get 25 oz. a day, if I'm being honest. This is going to be tough...
I was thinking that I needed a photo for "before and afters." So I tried on my swim suit. Barf. Not going to happen. If I'm the one taking the picture, I just can't help but delete it immediately when I see how horrific it is. I think it will take someone taking it of me and keeping it and not letting me see it until I have lost a significant amount of weight. Ugh...sounds painful. I'd rather have a root canal.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I got to thinking about what you said about measurements and clothing for women. All I can say is you are right. It got me thinking about the difference in clothing between the sexes. Guys have a universal system when it comes to clothes. It is all the same, regardless of the store. However, when it comes to women's clothing, not all sizes are the same even though they say they are. A size 14 is not the same across the board. I have multiple pairs of pants. Laid out on the bed, they are all the same size. When you look at the labels, one pair is a 12, one is a 14, one is a 16, two are 18's, and one is a 20. Added to that, the 16 and one 18 are both Old Navy, just different labels. It matters what country manufactures the clothes as they all use different measurements. It is more than enough to drive you crazy! So, I think I am done ranting now......and about that picture, if you want, I would you know......:)
ReplyDeleteHey, totally here to support in the weight loss if you need me. I joined the website sparkpeople.com the last time I went through a major weight loss and it helped A LOT. It helps track all your eating/exercising/water intake plus gives you ideas on exercises and menus if you want them. Good luck You can do it! (oh and don't ever ever ever think about how you look in a swimming suit, almost no one looks babe-like in a swimming suit, pick out some jeans or something and go that way, or yoga pants and a t-shirt. You'll notice the fit of them being better!)
ReplyDelete